Bengali Association Singapore began more than sixty years ago with 50 families becoming its first members. Today, we have more than 2,500 members from over a 1,000 families who are part of our community.
There are plenty of benefits to joining BAS as a member. They include:
- An ability to network with the broader Bengali community.
- You will be able to participate in cultural programs and celebrations, including Durga Pujo – ours is one of the largest celebrations outside India.
- Access to the Bengali diaspora to help build your social network in Singapore.
- Free entry to all BAS events in a calendar year, including Holi, “Poila Boisakh”, “Rabindra-Nazrul Sandhya” and “Natok.”
- Free entry to all BAS-organised programmes by reputable artists from India.
- Invitation to other social and cultural events that are held in Singapore through the BAS channel.
- Showcase your talent by participating in our various cultural programs held throughout the year.
There are four different types of membership plans to choose from:
- Applicable for families with husband and wife both being above 65 years of age.
- Please note that membership fees are payable in full for the calendar year and cannot be pro-rated.
- Membership is automatically renewed every year unless notification of cancellation is received by the President, Vice-President, Honorary Secretary or the Honorary Treasurer.
- To rejoin BAS, current subscriptions and fees from the previous year are payable.
- Annual Subscriptions are due on 1st January every year. Subscriptions do not include Durga Puja donations that are payable separately.
Membership Fees: $150 per year
Applicable for families with husband and wife both being younger than 65 years of age with children under 21.
Membership Fees: $75 per year
Applicable for individuals over 21 years of age but younger than 65.
Membership Fees: $25 per year
Applicable for individuals aged above 65 years.
Senior Citizen Family
Membership Fees: $50 per year
Applicable for families with husband and wife both being above 65 years of age.
There are several ways you can pay your membership fees.
Use the Check/Pay Subscription Dues button to find your dues by entering either one of the following:
BAS Membership ID
Once your subscription details are displayed, kindly click on the PayPal button on your record to clear your dues.
A/C name: Bengali Association Singapore
Bank A/C no: 2889014659
Branch: DBS Marina Bay Financial Center (MBFC)
Reference: Your “Membership ID” for existing Member/ “Your Name” for new member.*
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the online transaction is successful.
*Kindly note that without this reference number we are unable to track your payment.
In case you wish to pay by cash or cheque, please hand over the amount to any of people listed below. They will issue you a receipt on the spot and will deposit into our bank account.
- Mrs. Swagata Chakraborty
- Mr. Arjun Dasgupta
- Mr . Saswata Mukherjee
- Mrs. Mahua Banerjee
- Dr. Kaushik Ghatak
- Mr. Abhishek Chowdhury
- Mrs. Shalinee Chatterjee
If you want to send your cheque by post to us, you could send it to our BAS address at:
Bengali Association Singapore, 1 Scotts Road #24-10 Shaw Center Singapore 228208
Please do not forget to send an email at email@example.com to inform us about your letter dispatch.
PayNow is now enabled for making payments to Bengali Association Singapore.
Simply download the latest version of the mobile banking apps and under PayNow, you will see an additional option of making payment based on UEN number for Corporates and Businesses.
The UEN number for BAS is S56SS0020D
In case of any doubt with the UEN number, note that the ‘0’ characters in the UEN number are ‘Zero’ and not ‘O’. If you type in the correct UEN number, the entity name Bengali Association Singapore will show up before the payment is made. Dont forget to quote your membership id when making the payment.