Bengali Association Singapore began more than sixty years ago with 50 families becoming its first members. Today, we have more than 2,500 members from over a 1,000 families who are part of our community.
There are plenty of benefits to joining BAS as a member. They include:
- An ability to network with the broader Bengali community.
- You will be able to participate in cultural programs and celebrations, including Durga Pujo – ours is one of the largest celebrations outside India.
- Access to the Bengali diaspora to help build your social network in Singapore.
- Free entry to all BAS events in a calendar year, including Holi, “Poila Boisakh”, “Rabindra-Nazrul Sandhya” and “Natok.”
- Free entry to all BAS-organised programmes by reputable artists from India.
- Invitation to other social and cultural events that are held in Singapore through the BAS channel.
- Showcase your talent by participating in our various cultural programs held throughout the year.
There are four different types of membership plans to choose from:
- Annual Subscriptions are due on 1st January every year. Subscriptions do not include Durga Puja donations that are payable separately.
- Please note that membership fees are payable in full for the calendar year and cannot be pro-rated.
- Membership is automatically considered “Active” every year unless notification of cancellation is received by the President, Vice-President, Honorary Secretary or the Honorary Treasurer. An “Active” status means the membership is payable.
- To continue enjoying BAS membership, current subscriptions and fees from the previous 2 years (if any) are payable.
- In the event, the membership is not received by BAS for 3 consecutive years, the membership is considered “Lapsed”. In such cases, the membership can be re-applied by the member and will be considered as a “New Member”.
You may click on the Membership icons above to pay using your Memberplanet login. Alternatively, there are several alternative ways you can pay your membership fees.
You may Scan the PayNow QR Code image provided on this page or PayNow using your Mobile/Online Banking to BAS UEN number S56SS0020D
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the PayNow transaction is successful with the details for which the payment is made along with your Full Name & Mobile number.
Amount specific QR codes are available as:
A/C name: Bengali Association Singapore
Bank A/C no: 2889014659
Branch: DBS Marina Bay Financial Center (MBFC)
Please send email to email@example.com after the bankk transfer is successful with the details for which the payment is made along with your Full Name & Mobile number.
Standing Instructions for Bank Transfers: For those who prefer annual recurring payment setup, we now offer the option to set up standing instructions for bank transfers. You can authorize your DBS, UOB or other local banks to automatically transfer the membership amount on an annual basis, ensuring your membership remains active without any manual intervention.
In case you wish to pay by a cheque, please hand over the cheque to any of people listed below. A payment receipt will be issued once the amount is reflected into our bank account.
- Dr. Sowmya (Shoumo) Mitra
Mr. Raja Chowdhury
Dr. Pratik Mukherjee
- Mr. Prasun Saha
Dr. Basab Bhattacharya
Mrs. Saswati Bhattacharya
Mr. Siddhartha Chatterjee
If you want to send your cheque by post to us, you could send it to our BAS address at:
Bengali Association Singapore, 1 Scotts Road #24-10 Shaw Center Singapore 228208
Please do not forget to send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us about your letter dispatch (preferably with a photo of the cheque) along with the details for which the payment is made along with your Full Name & Mobile number.
WhatsApp Pay - Coming Soon!
WhatsApp will allow you to make your membership payments directly through WhatsApp using our official mobile number [+65 9655 1463]. Hope you would find this mode of payment secure, quick, and hassle-free.
Please look out for email broadcast & BAS MEMBER CONNECT WhatsApp group when we launch this new payment type.