Our Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Policy
- 1. We at BENGALI ASSOCIATION SINGAPORE (BAS) commit to protect your personal data.
- 2. This document sets out our policies [“PDPA Policy”] on data collection, usage, disclosure, processing and protection, which are subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”), and governs all dealings and contacts between BAS and you.
- 3. This PDPA Policy may be updated periodically in accordance with changes in the prevailing law. Please check this web page for updates, if any.
What will or may be collected
- 4. The personal data that may be collected includes but is not limited to:
- 4.1 personal identification information, including name, gender, date of birth, photographs, video recordings, audio recordings.
- 4.2 contact information, including postal address, email address, fixed-line telephone phone number and mobile phone number.
- 4.3 all other material information or data depending on the circumstances of the transaction or event involved.
What will or may be done with the Personal Data collected
- 5. Your Personal Data will or may be used for the following purposes, including but without limitation:
- 5.1 to process, use and disclose the information for get-togethers, events, competition, rehearsals.
- 5.2 publicizing, updating and/or reporting on the activities of and developments in BAS to stakeholders and members of the public in any media, including media interviews by the general media, our web site(s), newsletters, letters, posters, exhibitions and publications, eg Arebbas, Milon
- 5.3 for record keeping
- 5.4 to promote, publicize event activities, our partners as well as our appointed agents, and to conduct product or satisfaction surveys and market research.
- 5.5 to receive and respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized.
- 5.6 to inform you about membership and registration matters where applicable, such as change in policies The above point 5 is collectively referred to as “Purposes”.
Consent (Express, Implied and Deemed)
- 6. In general, your express consent will be sought when collecting your Personal Data, for the Purposes, uses and disclosures set out above. There will also be instances where your consent for the collection or use of your Personal Data will necessarily be implied or deemed from the circumstances by nature of the task or transaction, including your interaction with us or in course of signing up for, or accepting, any of our activities.
- 7. Where you are supplying the Personal Data of another individual (e.g. information of your child, parent, spouse, and/or employees, etc.), you shall ensure that the individual whose Personal Data is supplied to us has consented to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes, and is informed of and consents to the terms of this PDPA Policy.
Withdrawal of Consent
- 8. You have the option of withdrawing your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by making a written request to our Personal Data Protection Officer. Depending on the scope of your withdrawal, you will not be able to receive any updates on, and/or participate in, our activities, but your Personal Data may continue to be used and disclosed for other purposes such as processing of transactions you have with us.
Access & Correction
- 9. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, current and accurate. If at any time you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to our Personal Data Protection Officer immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10. We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of your Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification, disposal or similar risks.
- 11. While we will take reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that no hacking or no harmful code will enter our web sites and computer systems (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with disclosing any information or transacting over the Internet or when using online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution when using the Internet to disclose your Personal Data to us, including using strong passwords, changing your password regularly and using a secure browser.
- 12. Personal Data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. We will cease to retain the personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with individuals when it is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Download the PDPA consent form, fill in with your name, signature, date and send the scan copy to email@example.com